Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Star Whores Part III: Yoda Sells Out

Another hero from my youth has sold out.

He used to be down with the revolution, totally non materialistic, a spiritual leader even. You could count on him for sage advice, even if his words came in sentences with mangled grammar (like Bob Dylan).

And now he’s doing commercials for Diet Pepsi.

Yep, I’m talking about Yoda.

I’d expect Darth Vader to shill for the man, because HE IS THE MAN, man. And Wookies are pretty much space mercenaries, so them doing ads for cell phone ringtones I can accept.

Yoda was supposed to be special, but he’s no different than that other spiritual charlatan, Bono Vox, prancing around for the iPod.

OK, I’d like to keep up this conceit, but my inner guy is beating the crap out of my inner nerd, so it’s time to stop.

Wrapping it up: George Lucas is a whore. Does he really need Burger King and Pepsi and some shitty phone company to help promote his movie? Didn’t he save any of the money he made from the other five Star Bores movies?

May the bucks be with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home