Monday, January 10, 2005

Three squares a day for me means money for tsunami relief efforts (a fat guy's kind of fundraiser)

Today at work, one of the reporter’s was given the dubious assignment of talking to a guy who claims he will be running for 121 days, 26 miles a day, all across the country, to raise money for a local charity.

Then I read in another paper about a guy, also from Elgin, who plans to walk from Arizona to Chicago to raise money for diabetes research, as a tribute to Chicago Cub Hall of Famer Ron Santo, who has lost body parts in his battle with the malady.

In the wake of the tsunami, I have come up with my own long-term fundraising idea: I promise to eat three times a day for the rest of my life. For every meal I eat, I will collect pledges which I will give to relief efforts.

It’s a win-win situation. I get fed, they get aid. For only pennies a day, you can help.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Blogger Chris said...

Nice place you got here. I guess anything that keeps you away from the bottle is a good thing, right? Though now I have this frightening image of you writing at home, drinking..... shudder

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home